Subject: Re: [amos-list] odd compiler prob...
From: "Drew" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 01:33:31 -0500

From: "Drew" <[email-masked]>

PLEASE REMOVE THIS ADDRESS FROM YOUR LISTING

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Parrott <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [amos-list] odd compiler prob...

>From: "Adam Parrott" <[email-masked]>
>
>> If i dimension an array bigger than the standard variable space, (even if
>> I Setbuffer with insanely high numbers) the compiled program just exits
>> with "illeagal instruction" error... does anyone know how to fix this?
>
>If you look in the AMOS Pro manual, you will see this:
>"...each dimension can have up to 65,000 elements."
>
>The strange thing about this is that uncompiled, AMOS doesn't catch this
>problem [or bug] (even if you go way over the limit; not sure how far,
>though). However, if you compile the program, namely as a compiled AMOS
>proggie, then it will quit with the error that you described.
>
>Either way, it seems to be one of AMOS' limitations, and the only way
>around it is to either 1) use less than 65,000 elements or 2) use an
>alternative method for storing your arrays (ie. banks or sequential files).
>
>Adam Parrott, mailto: [email-masked], ICQ# 12967025, Handle: Axianator
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Campaign 2000 is here!
>http://www.onelist.com
>Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Campaign 2000 is here!
http://www.onelist.com
Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html